Kicking an Opposing Forensic Accounting Expert Off the Witness Stand

Family Law: Law That Deals With Family Related Issues

An area of law that handles domestic relations and family related issues is known as family law. A family lawyer handles cases in this area of law to include adoption, spousal abuse, child custody, divorce, paternity, visitation rights and more.

Wage Garnishment and Alimony

Child Support And Wage Garnishment – In New Jersey, your wages from your workplace can be served if you are the non custodial parent. The wage garnishment can include child support and spousal support better known as alimony. The wage garnishment will come out pre tax out of your net pay.

Contested Divorce

In America today, marriage is common, however divorce is very common as well. Some factors that help to prevent divorce are: religious beliefs, a college education, a good example from the parents, and even waiting until the age 25 to marry. Statistics show that those who have a college education are less prone to divorce by 13 percent.

How a Reliable Divorce Lawyer Proves Beneficial for Your Case?

There are people who need divorce because things didn’t work out as they expected. In this regard, contacting a good divorce lawyer is a wise option.

How Do I Get Divorced?

How do I get divorced? Often a question offered by those looking to end a marriage. Take some time to read this short article that covers the basics.

Modification or Enforcement of a Court Order in a Wisconsin Divorce

Can you change a court order in a Wisconsin divorce? If so, how is this done? What if someone isn’t following court orders? How can you enforce an order?

Juvenile Crime

Although a lot of juvenile crimes resemble those for adult crimes, penalties and laws associated with juvenile criminal offenses are substantially different. Two of the most significant distinctions are that juveniles are not entitled to a trial by jury, nor are they permitted to be discharged on bail. A juvenile criminal is anyone under the age of 18.

Post Judgement Motions

Many people make the mistake that after their breakup is over, that their family court issues are over. This happens to be a huge fallacy. In many cases, the parties devote even more time in court on post-judgment problems than they did in the divorce case.

Parenting Plans for Infants in WA Divorce Cases

In many states, parenting plans outline the residential arrangements for divorcees’ children. These residential arrangements take on peculiar characteristics when an infant’s custody is in issue, as opposed to that of older children. This article explains what divorcing parties should know about the peculiarities of infant-related parenting plans in Washington, and when and how to argue for a non-Washington residential arrangement.

Dividing Property and Debts in a Divorce in Wisconsin

In Wisconsin, how are property and debts divided in a divorce? How are gifts or inheritances treated? What about pre-nuptial agreements or pre-marital assets? Learn the answers to these questions, and more, in this informative article.

Guardians ad Litem in Washington State Divorce Custody Disputes: What Litigants Should Know

In the context of a divorce in Washington, a guardian ad litem is someone appointed by the court under Title 26 RCW to represent the interests of the divorcing parents’ child or children. This appointee effectively determines the outcome of any custody dispute in many (perhaps most) divorces in Washington, and thus winning over the guardian ad litem takes on critical importance. This article explains the limited strategies available to do just that; and, perhaps more importantly, what to do under Washington law if a guardian ad litem wrongly sides against you.

When Children Can Legally Decide Which Parents to Live With in WA: A Divorce Attorney’s Perspective

Getting children’s preferences before a court can be tricky however. King County (Seattle) local rule, for example, states declarations from minors are disfavored. Other courts and jurists disfavor testimony from minors as well. Typically the safest way to convey a child’s preference to the court is to request a guardian ad litem. The guardian ad litem is a court-appointed representative who can supply the court with a report stating, among other things, who children prefer.

You May Also Like